Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Spiky Pumpkin Turkeys

I saw some adorable apple turkeys on Pinterest.  That led to me to set this up for the kiddos.  We had several pumpkins that we have been collecting and I couldn't bring myself to just throw them away.  So, I  bought some wooden skewers in the baking aisle at the grocery store.  They were less than 2.00.  I also bought a box of Fruit Loops cereal,  but any cereal with holes in the middle would work too.  We sorted the cereal into colors first (great math, matching, color experience), then the kids pushed the skewers into the pumpkin.  Took quite a bit of muscle to get them pushed in.  Then the kids went to work putting the cereal onto the skewers.  We used some googly eyes and wooden  pieces to make the faces.  So cute....and spiky too!




Pin It

No comments: