Saturday, June 25, 2011

Watercolor Filled Balloons

What better way to spend a hot day than throwing water balloons?  I thought it might be fun to fill them with watercolor and paint the fence. (The color washes right off). It was a little tricky and messy getting the color in the balloons but it was worth it.  I just dripped a drop of color inside the balloon and then filled it with water.  We tried it two different days, the first time, I just let them throw at the fence, which was fun.  Then I thought the colors might show up better on something white.  I didn't have paper big enough, so I used an old white sheet.  This worked great too.  Next time, we will try it on paper so we can keep it.  It is just too fun.  They ask me every day if they can do it again.  A couple of the balloons popped before we threw them, but not to worry, the color washes right out of clothing and skin.  I would love to hear about your experience doing this if you try it.





Pin It

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Using a sheet to throw the balloons at is a great idea :)