Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rock Your Socks

My son loves to collect things...rocks, sticks, flowers, tree branches, leaves, whatever he finds interesting.  His rock collection was becoming quite large and I thought we should use them for "something".  I painted them white and then wrote a letter on each one for both the kids names.  I figured we could use them as a name recognition game. 
I flipped them over and wrote x's and o's so we could also play Tic, Tac, Toe.
We use them to spell our names and also letter recognition.
Today, I hid his name in a sock and had him pull out one at a time to create his name. 
I had his name printed on a card so he could match the letters.
Yep, letter and name recognition....who knew rocks in a sock could be so much fun!!
Pin It

1 comment:

Jackie Higgins said...

Thank you for sharing this post with me on KBN. I featured it in my round up on letter learning today!
http://readysetread2me.blogspot.com/2012/03/14-ways-to-explore-letters-in-your.html