Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Less Mess Paint Bags

My kids love "goop" (cornstarch and water), so I thought I would try putting it in bag for a different sensory activity. 
We put about 1/2 cup cornstarch and 1/2 cup water with a few drops of food coloring in a large Ziploc bag.
Then I squeezed all the air out (or most of it anyway) and sealed it up.  I added a strip of tape to the Ziploc just in case.....then let the kids mix it up and squish it around.
It was so fun to let it settle and then mix it again and it has a real nice consistency to "finger paint" and draw on.
They kept coming back to this all day and it kept them busy while I made dinner too! 
Pin It

4 comments:

Caz said...

That looks like lots of fun, I want to have a squish too! :-D

Jane said...

Looks like fun (and much less messy!). Great idea.

3G=Growing Godly Girlz said...

i will have to try this with our kiddos this week!
Aria,
http://growing3godlygirlz.blogspot.com/

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

You have got to love 'less mess' versions of good, old fashioned fun :)